Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bad Movie Saturdays

Our Bad Movie Saturday started with us going to an early showing of The Rite starting Anthony Hopkins. Anthony Hopkins was amazing, as always. One of his best roles yet. That's the only good thing I can really say about the movie. It was quite a disappointment.

This evening we watched (part of) Mega Python vs Gatoroid on SyFy. It is the BEST bad movie I think I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of B movies. Thank you SyFy for putting 80's stars Tiffany and Debbie (I mean Deborah) Gibson in a movie with horrible special effects and worse acting! Wow...just wow. I wonder if people who star in and make such awful movies sit back and think "that was awesome!" Or do they KNOW they are making a piece of sh!t?

Believe it or not, this IS a positive post b/c as bad as The Rite was, Mega Python vs Gatoroid totally made up for it. We LOVE bad movies, when they are apparently bad on purpose. And we didn't waste $12 to see it plus $9 buying snacks. Just a few hours of our lives.

What bad movies can you all recommend for our next Bad Movie Saturday?


4 comments:

  1. Alan and I caught mega-piranha on SyFy one time and make fun of its awfulness all the time. We'll have to keep an eye out for Mega-Python vs. Gatoroid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should host a bad movie weekend when we finally get a bigger apt or house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Roger and I watched this very very very very bad movie... I will have ot ask him what it was... we make fun of it often...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do! We love bad movies!!
    The Box w/ Cameron Diaz sucked so bad, BTW, but not in a "good" way. It was even too bad to make fun of.

    ReplyDelete