First, there is a group of physicians that want to "retire" Ronald McDonald because he is an advertising gimmick aimed towards selling bad food to kids. I'm getting so sick and tired of someone always jumping up and trying to place blame on anyone and everyone besides who is really responsible. It is up to PARENTS to teach their kids to eat healthy foods. It is up to the PARENTS to say "NO". No, you can't have McDonalds five days a week. When did "NO" become a horrible thing for parents to say?! I don't see many little kids getting to McDonalds on their own and using their own money to buy nuggets. Am I missing something? Americans needs to suck it up and take responsibility for their individual actions. We should not have to get rid of icons of advertising just because a bunch of parents don't have the backbone to stand up to their kids or are too freaking lazy to cook.
(As a side note, I have NEVER smoked a cigarette in my life. Yet, I though Joe Camel was awesome.)
Second...we recently got an email of a large, ignorant black woman declaring her support of President Obama. She was saying how she LOVES "Amerca" because now she's going to get the Obama healthcare plan and get free medical care. HELLO?!?! Does anyone use their heads anymore? We have free medical care. It's called WELFARE. I know so many people who don't lift a finger to work yet are perfectly able to do so. They get food stamps, SSI, free medical, free childcare, etc. I support a healthcare plan that will offer help to people like MY PARENTS who have worked hard their entire lives yet can't get much in the way of any help whatsoever. What we need to do is overhaul the SSI and welfare systems. Maybe then we'll have some money to pay off our national debt and fund Obama-care. How about, if you are going to get welfare of any sort, NO DRINKING ALCOHOL AND NO CIGARETTES. Why am I paying to feed your kids yet I don't waste my money on booze and smokes but YOU DO?!?!?!? Why am I paying to take care of your kids and I can't afford to take a vacation BUT YOU DO!?!?!?!? How about if you are going to get SSI, you have to actually be SICK? "I can't work because I get nervous" isn't a legitimate reason to not work. Guess what? I get nervous too. I have major anxiety attacks. I get so nervous before appointment, meetings, interviews that I spend an hour or more sitting on the toilet crapping my guts out. BUT I AM STILL WILLING TO WORK!!!! How about not allowing people who get SSI, welfare, etc to run to the doctor just because they have a freaking headache or a splinter. Why do I pay for them to run to the doctor 8 days a week but when I have a headache I take care of myself with oh, aspirin?
The other "viral" thing that has had me pissed off recently is the "the death of Osama is not a victory for Obama." WTH does that mean?! Did I miss Obama patting himself on the back during interviews and taking all the credit? People have actually said in one post "this is a victory for all Americans" and in the very next post "this is NOT a victory for Obama". Excuse me? Obama IS an American and he IS the leader of our country. It was a victory for Obama. He is the one who made it a priority to continue hunting him down. He ordered the mission that caught him. I love America but sometimes the complete ignorance of Americans baffles me.
And while I'm ranting...WHY would anyone consider voting for Donald Trump? The man is a lying, cheating piece of shit. He is ignorant. He has run how many businesses into the ground? Oh yeah, let's put him in charge of our country. He has no clue what he is talking about, ever. He is rude, crude and just plain gross. If Trump ever become president...I'm leaving.
And so, in closing...my something positive for the day. (You thought I forgot my plan to say one positive thing each post, didn't you?) Yesterday I got mail from my CA family. After my last post when I was so down about having left them, it was much needed. There's something about getting pictures colored by a 3 yr old and a 7 yr old that just makes everything better. I also got to talk to one of my CA family on the phone this weekend. :o) All is right with the world now. (Until I get another stupid email.)
No comments:
Post a Comment