But I miss my house. And I miss my ravens, who should have a nest full of babies about ready to leave home. And I miss my irises. And I miss my CA family most of all. I am sad I haven't gotten to meet baby Jack and I'm sad I'm not there to see new baby Ethan. And I'm missing Ian's third birthday. I miss craft days at Cyndee's. Especially the ones when I got no crafting done. ;o) I miss hearing about "my" kids' school days. I miss Tuesday night dinners at the lodge and parades. And impromptu lunches and dinners at Tom's. And I really miss those chubby little fingers stealing croutons and veggies off my salad.
The last 12 months or so have been pretty tough. I've lost two people to the evil Big C. I didn't realize I'd still think of them every single day. I didn't think I'd still be doing double takes because someone looks just like one of them. I guess I didn't realize just how much I liked having him around and seeing him several times a week. I hope he knows how much he meant to me. And I hope the other one knows as well. I didn't see him often as I was growing up but he was my favorite. (Shhh...don't tell.) I hope they found each other on the other side because I really think they'd hit it off. They were both jokers and caring guys. And they both liked NASCAR! When I get too sad that's what I picture. Those two men sitting around bull shittin', having a smoke and a cup of coffee. (Ya think they allow that in Heaven?)
So that's my mood today. Kind of blah. But I'll shake it off and get back to my normal happy self. (Ha haaa! Really, I AM happy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment