What I find amazing is the snarky comments I'm seeing on FaceBook. Ok, so that's not the best place to be spending my time I guess. But I do spend a lot of time on there. And what I'm seeing out of my friends/family is not very nice.
I can totally agree the 24/7 coverage has been irksome! Like there's nothing more important going on in the world? But, ok...go ahead and cover it. What I don't get is the awful things people are saying. I've seen "she's only after his money". Wait, from what I've seen and heard, the royal family doesn't have a lot of their own money. I mean, the tax payers foot the bill for their lives, right? Maybe I'm wrong. But did you know Kate, while considered a "commoner" actually comes from a pretty wealthy family? Yep. Her parents were both flight attendants. Then her dad was a flight dispatcher. And her parents own a party supply business. So, I don't think she's gonna need "his money".
Then there's the "they'll be divorced in five years" comments. Wow, just wow. What kind of person is so bitter that they naturally assume people will get divorced at all, let alone in such a short time? Maybe they will. But I'd prefer to hold on to the hope that they'll be different than the most recent royal couples. They really seem to be in love. They sure don't seem like Princess Di and Charles were at the time of their marriage. Of course, I'm sure we are seeing a very scripted view of them. But they still seem so different than other couples I've seen. And really, who are we to judge? We only see what the press shows us, which is only what the royal family wants us to see really. As my husband says, you never know what things are like INSIDE a relationship unless you are in it.
I just really think it's sad to see such negativity. Why don't we put out good thoughts and wishes for the newly weds? Maybe it will get into the universe and help keep them from being another divorce statistic.
All this wedding talk reminds me that in just 17 days it will be our 13th wedding anniversary. I hope William and Kate are as happy as Pat and I are. That's my wish for everyone!
CHEERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment